Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

MENTORS, MUSES & MONSTERS




The resonse to my invitation was overwhelming. One after another, in e-mails, on the phone, and in person, in a matter of weeks, two dozen fiction writers said yes, they wanted to contribute to this anthology. Some days I would hear from two or three or four people, saying yes, count me in. Of course, I was delighted--and slightly flabbergasted by the wellspring of enthusiasm. I seemed to have hit a nerve.

Several knew right away whom they wanted to write about--Mary Gordon on Elizabeth Hardwick and Janice Thaddeus, Jay Cantor on Bernard Malamud, Lily Tuck on Gordon Lish, Jim Shepard on John Hawkes....
from Introduction
Mentors, Muses & Monsters
Elizabeth Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and recommendations here...