Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ruth, Mother of Kings

 
 
Love Ruth's pledge to her mother-in-law, Naomi, as written in Ruth 1:16-17.
"Do not entreat me to leave you, or to turn back from following you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge. Your people are my people, and your God, my God." She took Naomi's hand. "Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May Jehovah do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me."
pg. 140
Diana Wallis Taylor
 
Another randomly selected library book, in a chain of them, that has proven to be a good read. And, I'm encouraged to recommend to others, as well as to seek out or buy Diana Wallis Taylor's other books.

 

I'm also intriqued by the Mourner's Kaddish--never remember having heard it before.

"Glorified and sanctified be God's great name throughout the world He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon, and say, Amen.

pg. 79

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and recommendations here...